Safe Line/خط آمن
+961 81 78 81 78
+961 76 06 06 02
Men Center/مركز الرجال
+961 71 28 38 20
Engaging Palestine Refugee Communities in the Prevention of GBV
In 2016, ABAAD in patnership with UNRWA and local NGOs working inside Palestinain Camps, established Community Based Support Groups (CBSGs) through facilitating structured PSS and GBV awareness sessions targeting around 326 women and men in the Palestinian camps. These CBSGs targeted women (aged between 25 and 50), men (aged between 25 and 50), girls and female youth, and boys.
Objectives of the Project
The twenty (20) Community Based Support Groups established in Palestinian camps in Lebanon between March and August 2016, aimed at the achieving the following objectives:
- Creating safe spaces for women & girls, men & boys in Palestinian camps in Lebanon;
- Providing PSS-related skills to increase resilience, gain positive coping mechanisms, and to enable them resolve issues at both family and community levels
- Identifying priorities related to GBV and PSS;
- Providing information on GBV services/feedback on services;
- Disseminating protection messages on GBV.
ABAAD ensured holding these CBSGs in close coordination and partnership with local NGOs/CBOs in each respective regions:
- In Tyre: Beit Atfal Al Somoud, Nabeh, and Palestinian Women Union in Burj Chemali Camp, Al Buss camp and Al-Rashidieh camp.
- In Bekaa: UNRWA, the General Union for Palestinian Women and the Women Programme Association (WPA).
- In Beirut: UNRWA, the Women Programme Association (WPA) and the Baraem Association.
- North and Saida Areas: UNRWA, the General Union for Palestinian Women and the Women Programme Association (WPA).